The College strongly encourages parents and students to avoid missing school time due to the impact it can have on student’s learning and studies.
If however an absence is necessary please follow the College guidelines below.
Absence on the day – Sick or Unforseen instance
- If your son is away sick, or an unforeseen instance does not allow your son to come to school, parents/guardians should go onto the Compass app or website and add an Attendance Note. An Attendance Note should only be for a full day absence, not a late arrival or early leave.
- Parents/Guardians must ensure that they have called the College prior to their son’s late arrival or have filled out the applicable slip in the back of his College diary; ie. Notice of Appointment, Absentee Note.
- Students must present themselves to the College office to be signed in.
- Parents/Guardians must ensure that they have filled out the applicable slip in the back of their son’s College diary i.e. Notice of Appointment, Absentee Note, Non-participation in Sport, prior to their son attending school that day. It is then the student’s responsibility to find his House Coordinator and have the note approved and signed.
- When the student is to leave the College, he must present himself to the College office to be signed out.
Planned Absence 1-9 Days
- If you have a planned leave of absence for 1-9 days please send a written request for your son’s leave by emailing the Principal. Click here to email.
Planned Absence 10-100 Days
- If you have a planned leave of absence for 10-100 days, please click here to download the Application for Period of Absence Form. This application must be submitted by the student for approval by the College as per the NSW Department of Education Guidelines for Exemption from School 2009.
Absent Without Notification
- If the College receives no notification, a text message will be sent to a parent of the student notifying them of their son’s absence from the College and requesting a reply as to his whereabouts.